Aisha’s Kitchen is a series of cooking classes that will teach simple, everyday Indian cooking based on my mom Aisha’s recipes. In these classes, you will learn about all the spices you need, some easy cooking methods, and using easy to find ingredients to create simple, everyday authentic and delicious Indian dishes. You don’t need to bring anything to the class, I will demonstrate how to cook the meal and at the end we will enjoy the meal together. The class will consist of a one hour demonstration followed by a discussion while enjoying the meal afterwards.
*All classes will be held at the Old Salt Marketplace on 5027 NE 42nd Avenue in Portland, Oregon and will go from 6pm to 8pm.
Why you should register for an Aisha’s Kitchen demonstration cooking class:
- You will learn authentic Indian recipes that have been passed down for generations in my family.
- You will learn a few of the basic spice combinations that will take the mystery out of Indian cooking.
- You will learn how to put together some easy and authentic dishes that you can enjoy at home on a daily basis and impress friends with.
- You will get the basic fundamentals you need about Indian cooking that will empower you to experiment at home with it.
- You will get to enjoy a delicious meal with us afterwards.
- An Aisha’s Kitchen demonstration cooking class would make a fun night out with friends or a date!
Here is more information on our next class:
Thursday October 16, 2014: Spicy Pan Fried Fish and Spicy Potatoes
Tickets: $50 per class. Be one of the first five to register and you get one ticket for free so you can bring a friend to the class.
This blackened and spicy fish is made from only a handful of ingredients but it packs a punch! And the accompanying potatoes have been described as “crack”, they are so good and addictive. In this class you’ll learn how to make this authentic coastal dish.